Once the instructor has given the students the necessary permissions, they can easily install and take their exams using Lockdown Browser.
Students can also download the LockDown Browser app for iPad from the App Store or the Windows Store. Once they have installed the software, they can also watch a video that explains the program.
If a student is required to install the software themselves, they will receive a unique link that will take them to a website where they can confirm system requirements and download the latest version of the application.
Windows users can launch LockDown Browser by going to “All Programs” or “Respondus” and clicking “Add to Lockdown Browser”.LockDown Browser will automatically log in and access the exam site when students log in. It does so by creating a secure environment for students to navigate to the exam.
If a student tries to access an exam using a standard browser, they will be prompted to use the LockDown Browser.Students are also prevented from accessing various web applications and databases while they are locked into the exam. Once the exam is over, they are permitted to exit the browser.
Students are locked into the exam once it has started. They are unable to access other web addresses, print, copy, or access other applications on their computer. Once the exam is completed, they are permitted to exit the browser.
Features of Lockdown Browser
Students can use the Respondus LockDown Browser to monitor their test results while they’re at school. It works seamlessly with other apps that allow teachers to review and analyze the results.
Proctorio, Honorlock, and MonitorEDU are web-based remote proctoring utilities that provide students with an alternative method of conducting examinations. They can also prevent them from leaving the examination room.
This browser features a LockDown mode that automatically puts an online assessment into full screen mode.
You cannot use the mouse or keyboard to perform actions in Respondus. The interface only lets you exit an assessment once all answers have been submitted.
The academic service will prevent testers from accessing the internet for non-academic purposes. It works by monitoring the latest trends in how devices and networks are being used.
The LockDown Browser will not allow screen capture. A test that has been programmed to run with the Respondus package will not run in the browser of another user.
How to Download Lockdown Browser For Windows PC
- Click the Download button at the top of the Page.
- Wait for 10 Seconds And Click the “Download Now” button. Now you should be redirected to MEGA.
- Now let the Start to Download and Wait for it to finish.
- Once Lockdown Browser is done downloading, you can start the installation.
- Double click the setup files and follow the installation instruction
How to Install Lockdown Browser on your Windows PC
Follow guidelines step by step to Install Lockdown Browser on your Windows PC.
- First, you need to Download Lockdown Browser Software for your Windows Computer.
- Once you Download the Lockdown Browser Application, Double click the setup files and start the Installation process.
- Now follow the All Installation Instruction.
- Once the installation is completed, restart your computer. (It is Better)
- Now open the Lockdown Browser Application from the home screen.
How To Uninstall Lockdown Browser
If you need to uninstall Lockdown Browser that is the best guide for you. You need to follow those steps to safely Remove all Lockdown Browser files.
- Go to the Control Panel on Your Windows PC.
- Open the Programs and Features
- Find the Lockdown Browser, Right-click the Select icon, and press “Uninstall”. Confirm the action.
- Now you need to Delete the Lockdown Browser App Data. Go to the Windows Run Application. (Shortcut – Windows Key + R). Now Type in ‘%AppData%’ and press ‘OK’.
- Now find the Lockdown Browser folder and delete it.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I download LockDown Browser on my Macbook?
The beta version of Lockdown Browser for Mac can be downloaded from the following page. Just install it and it will automatically install the latest version of the browser.
Is LockDown browser safe?
Lockdown browser is a good choice for students. It does not store their data in the background and can not run in the background.
Can LockDown browser detect phones?
A lockdown browser does not detect the presence of other devices such as mobile phones and tablets. Instead, it uses a secure browser to prevent unauthorized access to the internet.
How long does it take to download Respondus LockDown Browser?
Follow these instructions to install and use the Respondus Lockdown Browser for Mac. These instructions will walk you through doing so.
Is Pearson LockDown Browser free?
LockDown Browser is a browser that seamlessly integrates with many learning management systems (LMS). It works seamlessly with Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, and Schoology.
Is Pearson LockDown Browser the same as respondus monitor?
The Pearson Lockdown browser is not compatible with the Mylab player. This application can be installed using the Browser check.
Why is LockDown Browser so bad?
LockDown Browser is a web browser that is used by universities and other educational institutions to prevent cheating during examinations. It is invasive, unreliable, and can cause glitches.
Lockdown Browser Download for Windows is developed and updated by Respondus. All registered trademarks, company names, product names, and logos are the property of their respective owners.