FolderMove Download utility can be used if you have an old or small SSD drive that’s not enough to hold all of your games and software. It will allow you to move the folder of any game or program to a different path on the same machine.
Sometimes, programs that use a lot of disk space might end up getting transferred to another partition. This is not an easy task, as many components of Windows are created to prevent users from moving programs or files. However, with the help of FolderMove Windows Free, it can be done quite easily.
moving files and folders can be very frustrating when used with a Windows PC. In most cases, moving files and folders can lead to more complex tasks. FolderMove Download is a tool that allows users to easily move an installed folder or a program to another drive without breaking its original location.
If you are trying to move an installed directory, then the only solution is to re-install the application. Doing so could lead to errors and cause the programs to stop working. This is why FolderMove Download is a utility that enables users to avoid damaging the registry.
Sometimes, files that are downloaded and installed may end up on the C disk, which can cause the machine to be full of errors and unable to smooth other files. This is where FolderMove comes in.
It makes it easy to move an installed folder to a different location without reinstalling or breaking the old directory. The utility creates a symbolic link between the old and new drive, so it can seamlessly operate.
Features of FolderMove Download
- Usually, the steps in creating a symbolic link are not very clear. However, with FolderMove, you can easily create a simple and clean link to a specific folder or destination. It does everything that it can do for you.
- There are a lot of complicated steps involved in creating a path and a symbolic link. Sometimes, a mistake can happen when you move a folder. By default, this will result in the end of the existing link.
- To use FolderMove Download , go to the new destination drive, select the folder, and hit the symbolic link button. A symbolic link is a text string that automatically interprets the path to another directory. If a symbolic link points to a target that is later deleted or changed, then the link will not be updated or deleted.
- You can also get started by choosing the path of the folder that you want to move and the directory where it is located. Additionally, the utility updates the symbolic link each time it moves. Free FolderMove Download lets you move installed files from anywhere in the world. It does so by creating a symbolic link to the new location of the folder.
- Sometimes, when we install programs, the files end up in the C disk, which causes the system to be full. This issue can be solved through the use of FolderMove Download, which will automatically move the installed files from one directory to another.
FolderMove Alternative For Windows
- BOB’s File Splitter
- Total Commander
- Tablacus Explorer
Frequently Asked Question
How do I create a download folder in Windows 10?
To create a new folder, go to the top menu and select New Folder. There, the folder will appear as Untitled.
How do I put a download folder on my desktop?
If you are using Windows 10, simply go to the Finder window and right-click the Downloads folder. You can also add it to the Start menu by pressing Windows key+I.
How do I change the default download location in Windows 10?
Open the “This PC” and go to the “Downloads” folder. In the “Properties” window, go to the “Location” section and click on the “Apply” button.
How do I move a folder from C to D?
To move a specific folder, double-click the user profile folder and then right-click its default subfolders. In the Move dialog, select the new location for that specific folder.
How do I move my Downloads folder to another drive Windows 10?
In the Properties window, go to the “New” section and select the new folder that you want to save as downloads.
How do I download a large folder from Google Drive?
You can also download a huge folder from Google Drive using Google’s Takeout mechanism. It supports zip files up to 50GB in size.
What are the three ways of copying or moving a file or a folder?
A file or folder can be moved to a new location by clicking the mouse, dragging it, or using keyboard shortcuts.
How do I move a folder from one Google Drive to another?
To copy a folder, right-click it, and then select “Copy” from the list.
Why can’t I download folders from Google Drive?
Many Google Chrome users experienced the same issue when they tried to download files. To resolve the issue, they should have to enable cookies.
FolderMove Download for Windows is developed and updated by RCPsoft. All registered trademarks, company names, product names, and logos are the property of their respective owners.