Apache OpenOffice Download is a free alternative to the Office productivity suite. It is an open-source office suite that contains a variety of tools for word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database management.
With the help of extensions, OpenOffice can now open PDF files in a format that’s compatible with Mozilla Firefox.
Apache OpenOffice is an open-source office suite that was created by IBM Lotus Symphony. It is compatible with various major platforms.
It’s a close cousin of Office and LibreOffice. It features a word processor, a spreadsheet, a drawing application, a database management application, and a presentation tool.
Apache OpenOffice has six productivity apps: a word processor, a presentation graphics editor, a spreadsheet, and a database. It’s available on various platforms, including macOS.
Features of Apache OpenOffice Download
- Apache OpenOffice is a free and open-source office suite that supports a variety of file formats. It can easily read and write documents in various formats, such as the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
- Apache OpenOffice is a free and open-source project that works seamlessly across various platforms.
- The first major feature release of the project was version 3.4.0 on May 8, 2012. The following year, version 4.1 was released.
- On June 1, 2011, the Apache Software Foundation donated the code base for OpenOffice.org to be used as a top-level project.
- Text Documents, Spreadsheet Documents, Presentation Documents, and the OOXML file format in general have improved interoperability.
Apache OpenOffice Alternative For Windows
- Polaris Office
- Windows Live Writer
Frequently Asked Question
What is Apache OpenOffice used for?
Apache OpenOffice is a widely used office software suite that works seamlessly across various platforms. It features a variety of features and is available in many languages.
Is Apache OpenOffice the same as OpenOffice?
The OpenOffice.org suite was originally developed by Oracle. It was later handed over to Apache.
How does Apache OpenOffice make money?
The Apache Software Foundation distributes the OpenOffice open-source project. As a non-profit organization, donations help fund the servers that keep the program running smoothly.
Is Apache OpenOffice safe to use?
If you have downloaded Apache OpenOffice from this link, then it is safe to use. However, be sure to only use the official site for the software.
Is there any free version of Microsoft Office?
If you’re not a Microsoft user, you can still use the company’s apps for free. However, before you can truly use them, you’ll need to sign up for a Microsoft 365 account.
Is Microsoft Office software paid?
The $12.50 per month Business Standard includes all the desktop versions of Outlook and Excel, as well as security features for businesses.
Apache OpenOffice Download for Windows is developed and updated by The Apache Software Foundation. All registered trademarks, company names, product names, and logos are the property of their respective owners.