Last Updated on February 14, 2024 by Marcella Stephens
Stunnel Download is a utility that can add a secure sockets layer (SSL) to any POP2, IMAP, or NNTP server. This type of protection is very effective for protecting websites and servers.
It is a utility that enables users to secure encrypted connections on their non-native PCs.
That l is a utility that enables remote clients and local servers to communicate with each other using an SSL encryption wrapper.
Originally released in 1998, this application was able to provide users with a variety of features that allow them to easily control and secure their niche Stunnel is a utility that allows you to secure arbitrary TCP connections inside the secure sockets layer.
Stunnel is a utility that enables secure client-server transfers. It works by adding encryption to the secure sockets layer (SSL) of web servers.
Features of Stunnel Download
Customize the certificates
You might have a hard time setting up an installation once everything is complete. Most of the time, you’ll need to select the components that will be used for the project. You can also customize the certificates that you want to add.
Easy to use
Most of the time, this program is very easy to use for an advanced user. Just remember to include the necessary details in the configuration file, such as the server name and the service name. Once the program has started, it will inform the user about the current configuration.
Used to prevent unauthorized
The secure socket layer is a part of the server’s infrastructure that’s responsible for protecting the sensitive data stored on the server. It’s also used to prevent unauthorized access to the server. With this feature, you can easily secure all your inetd files and folders.
Stunnel was built as an open-source project and was created by Micha Trojnara. It was initially designed to allow users to add TLS encryption to their networks without changing the code of their communication protocols.
How to Download Stunnel for Windows PC Free
- Click the Download button at the top of the Page.
- Wait for 10 Seconds And Click the “Download Now” button.
- Now let the Start to Download
- Once Stunnel is done downloading, Double click the setup files and you can start the installation.
How to Install Stunnel on your Windows PC
- First, you need to Download Stunnel Software for your Windows Computer.
- Once you Download the Application, Double click the setup files and start the Installation process.
- Now follow the All Installation Instruction.
- Once the installation is completed, restart your computer. (It is Better)
- Now open the Application from the home screen.
How To Uninstall Stunnel
- Go to the Control Panel on Your Windows PC.
- Open the Programs and Features
- Find the Stunnel, Right-click the Select icon, and press “Uninstall”. Confirm the action.
- Now you need to Delete the App Data. Go to the Windows Run Application. (Shortcut – Windows Key + R). Now Type in ‘%AppData%’ and press ‘OK’.
- Now find the Application folder and delete it.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I download stunnel?
SFTP clients can easily download and install the tunnel. Just copy the .pem file to your server’s directory
Is stunnel free?
Stunnel is a free software project created by Micha Trojnara. It is distributed under the GNU General Public License
What is stunnel used for?
Stunnel is a utility that can turn any non-encrypted port into an encrypted one. It can also be used to secure data transmission across unsecured channels
How do I know if stunnel is installed?
Go to the Stunnel box and open a command prompt. If the ports are not open, verify that Stunnel is running.
Is stunnel a VPN?
This example shows how to use stunnel to create a transparent VPN using SOCKS with the Tor RESOLVE extension
How do I turn off stunnel?
If stunnel is in daemon mode, kill it and terminate it. It accepts the following signals
Stunnel Download for Windows is developed and updated by Michal Trojnara. All registered trademarks, company names, product names, and logos are the property of their respective owners.